Are you interested in working for a charity? Passionate about sports & fitness? A natural leader keen to make a difference? This role could be for you!
The ‘FMG Project’ part of the registered charity ‘Friday Media Group Foundation’ is an extremely exciting new project that is being launched. It aims to provide the knowledge & motivation to achieve personal goals through fitness, sport and education.
We are looking for an energetic and driven individual to help build this project and use fitness as force for good in the community.
The foundation has just created a smart new facility at ‘The Basement’ in Brighton’s North Laine that will be used for many community and charitable purposes. This includes a gym venue for sports groups, academy pupils and educational groups and charities. The space also has facilities for meet ups, education and more.
Key responsibilities of the role include:-
- Help to create the academy and build relationships with relevant groups within the city.
- Set up an academy programme to create impact by using fitness as a driver for good.
- Outreach to relevant organisations to recruit academy pupils.
- Implement and run the programme.
- Run coaching and S&C sessions.
- Day to day operation of the facility.
- Generate income for the foundation by renting out the facility / space.
- Recruit volunteers and coaches.
- Skilled in marketing and social media.
- Develop a calendar for fundraising events.
What do we do at The FMG project?
The project will provide opportunities for young people local to the area, adult groups and more.
The project aims to use fitness and sport as a vehicle to:-
- Give opportunity and access to sports, education and facilities to those that might not otherwise have opportunity. This will be done by providing regular coaching and training sessions and programs.
- Provide pathways to achieve excellence in sport.
- Create motivation and a positive attitude.
- Developing healthier lifestyle
- Channeling energy positively
- Life skills – commitment, communication, friendships.
Are you interested in applying?
Send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Please give an indication of your preferred hours and salary expectations.